get Involved with NOMMA
Engage ~ Support ~ Contribute
Serving on a committee improves leadership skills, expands your professional experience and you will have a direct impact on the success and direction of the NOMMA. Participating in a committee is also a rewarding way to gain a better understanding of the association.
Board and committee service will also provide these unique opportunities:
- Cultivate valuable skills in non-profit governance, program planning, and strategic planning
- Magnify your network of professional contacts
- Increase recognition from your employer, community, or peers
We rely heavily on our members to assist with committees, activities, projects and service on our Board of Directors.Committee project work will provide a platform for you to utilize you're key skills such as creative thinking, problem solving, organizing and time management all while having some fun too. NOMMA staff and leaders will provide you with the necessary tools and support to complete projects.
What's Expected of Volunteers
1. Attend scheduled phone conference calls (could be monthly), usually one hour in length. Frequency of call may increase for certain special projects. Conference call times are determined by the committee members.
2. Participate in project planning and implementation. This may require from 0-5 hours per month, depending on the project.
3. Read and respond to e-mail communication within 48 hours.
4. Attend METALfab if possible.
5. Must be a member in good standing
Board of Directors--
- Responsibilities & Qualifications: Serve a 3-year term; Attend three board meetings per year; Is well acquainted with the association, its mission, programs and services & constituency; Is willing to devote the necessary time and resources to fulfill responsibilities; Works well with others; Able to think strategically & communicate effectively; Reputation for emotional maturity, personal integrity and honesty.
Technical Affairs Committee
- Responsibilities: Monitor and coordinate responses to regulatory and code issues related tot he industry and communicate updates to the membership.
Top Job Committee Project Lead
- Responsibilities: With your team, oversee the execution of the Top Job contest onsite at METALfab. Form a Mitch Heitler selection committee. Review entries to ensure they are categorized correctly; Approve the contest procedures with support from NOMMA staff. Participate in regular project teleconferences. Contribute to committee activities and brainstorming. . Must have knowledge of the industry and not have a current Top Job entry.
- Responsibilities: Contribute to strategies for recruitment and retention of members. Call and/or email members to welcome them and encourage renewals. Provides feedback or marketing messages and graphics. Committee meets once a month for an hour.
O&MM Fabricator Magazine Editorial Committee
- Responsibilities: Read and critique articles, suggest stories, recommend new content to better serve our members.
Online Strategy Committee
- Responsibilities: Provide direction and guidance to the NOMMA Board on the effective use of technology tools for communicating within NOMMA and for supporting the NOMMA Strategic Plan. Work with NOMMA staff, committees and chapters to ensure content on the NOMMA website is kept current and addresses NOMMA priorities. Committee meets once a month for an hour.
- NOMMA's Mentor Program offers members a way to contribute to the metalworking industry by sharing industry knowledge and advice. The NOMMA Mentoring program is designed to connect industry experts and veterans (mentors) with new comers (mentees). Learn more at www.nomma.org/mentor.
If you are interested in becoming more involved however are unable to commit to committee, being a part of a task force is a great alternative. As a growing organization we continue to add committees and special projects. When the need arises, NOMMA will reach out to you requesting your service to assist on a project.
Please contact NOMMA's headquarters if you have any questions at 1.888.516.8585 or email@example.com.