My Profile   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join NOMMA!
Community Search
General Discussion (Old ListServ)
Moderator(s): Liz Messner
>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
ROUND TABLE CALLS 4 Living Design Studios Thanks.
by Armadillo Metalworks Inc.
Monday, February 20, 2017
NEF Announcements 0 Elite Architectural Metal Supply. Co. NEF Announcements
by Elite Architectural Metal Supply. Co.
Tuesday, December 13, 2016
SocialLink FAQ 0 Todd Daniel Gale Schmidt just asked some great questions which I am using as SocialLink's official FAQ. Here is some helpful info:   1) For this new service do we have to login every day?  Answer: No. Your browser should keep you logged in. If you are in email or digest mode you will get email notification and you can respond to them like the old ListServ.    2) Do we have to individually select every person we want to communicate with? Answer: No, if you just want to use the Forums. However, I encourage you to Connect with everyone that you can. That way, you can see all the neat pictures and articles they are sharing directly on the feed. I just checked and members are starting to share some cool stuff.    3) Will all the current ListServe members be automatically set up to communicate? Answer: Yes, once subscribed on the forums. They will not appear on “My Feed” unless you connect with them. As you see people posting in the Forums, click on them and send a Connection request.    4) What is “My Feed” Answer: The “My Feed” allows you to see everything at once: What others are posting on the timeline, in the forums, any news from Groups you are a member of, and general NOMMA news. It works like the timeline/newsfeeds in Facebook and LinkedIn.    5) Why are there Groups? Answer: A group is any chapter, committee, task force, or roundtable group that you are a member of. You will see any activity from those groups in your newsfeed. SocialLink also makes it easier to participate in them. For instance, we have a Women in Business Roundtable group – if you are a member you can easily access the resources of this group. Note that Groups also have their own Forums.    6) Do you have to choose a specific Forum to ask a question about a topic? Answer: You can subscribe to the Forums that you like. I recommend that everyone subscribe to “General Discussion” and “CAD.” We will add more forums based on requests. Once subscribed go to “Forum Actions” and then “Subscribe to Instant Updates” to use the Forums in email mode.    7) I’m not seeing where this is easier or more convenient than the ListServ. Response: The change is an adjustment but once the transition is made I believe members will find this system a far better way to communicate. An app will be out in February, making the system even easier to use.
by Todd Daniel
Tuesday, December 13, 2016
Room divider codes 0 Gilmore Metalsmithing Studio & Forging Atelier Maybe Tony can help out on this. I need to make 2 decorative panels for a commercial building. Forged branch motif. 6' by 6'. I know for railings we have the 4" sphere rule. What about panels? These will mount 2'6" off the floor.Thanks, Glenn
by Gilmore Metalsmithing Studio & Forging Atelier
Friday, September 15, 2017
Insulation for Doors 1 Oscar's Custom Iron Works Vermiculite (sold in a plant nursery as an additive for potting soil) will insulate some and dampen the hollow sound of empty airspace in a metal door. There are also kits or a piece of equipment that you can purchase to spray in a foam that expands but not so much that it deforms the door.
by Iron Decor
Monday, September 11, 2017
Long Muntz or naval brass sheets 0 Armadillo Metalworks Inc. Hi, I am looking for sheets of 1/8" thick mill finish Muntz 280 (or Naval brass 464) sheets (36" or 48" wide) that exceed 120" in length (12ft would work). Anyone knows a source in the North East (or anywhere else in the US would be fine too)? Thank you. Philippe Fiers Armadillo Metalworks, INc
by Armadillo Metalworks Inc.
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Code requirements for decorative panels 0 Gilmore Metalsmithing Studio & Forging Atelier Maybe Tony can help out on this. I need to make 2 decorative panels for a commercial building. Forged branch motif. 6' by 6'. I know for railings we have the 4" sphere rule. What about panels? These will mount 2'6" off the floor. Thanks, Glenn
by Gilmore Metalsmithing Studio & Forging Atelier
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Cantilevered tread problem 1 Gjertson Metalworks Hindsight is 20 20 but next time consider cleats (angle steel) and less welding.
by Mid Atlantic Steel Fabrication
Wednesday, June 7, 2017
Blackening large pieces of steel 4 Spirit Ironworks Sand blasting and cleaning is key. We seal with Permalac and then black wax. Dipping and immersion use an insane amount of chemistry that starts to loose its oomph the minute the air hits it. It must be worked by hand "to develop" in small batches, and then really rinsed clean. As Derek mentioned, we use chip brushes for large coverage, but you gotta work fast and get it rinsed before it starts to behave badly!  - Amy  ( Derek's Finisher)
by Concentric Fabrication
Monday, April 3, 2017
Large format Architectural Nickel Plating 0 Wiemann Metalcraft Who can you recommend for architectural nickel plating these days? parts are somewhat large so I need someone with a large tank.
by Wiemann Metalcraft
Thursday, March 9, 2017
sqaure corner sst 0 Living Design Studios looking for SST tube 3" square with sharp outside corners, thoughts?
by Living Design Studios
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
METALfab2017 Education Handouts 3 Elite Architectural Metal Supply. Co. They all opened just now when I tried them.  They do open in another window so you might have to turn off your pop up blocker.
by Elite Architectural Metal Supply. Co.
Friday, February 10, 2017
3/4" brass collars 2 Metal Head Inc. I was able to order what I needed from Arch. Iron Designs. Thanks.
by Metal Head Inc.
Thursday, February 9, 2017
Duck or Pheasant Finial 2 Cuper Studios LLC Eric, I have some 6" brass ducks. I'm not sure why I'm keeping them.
by K. Shrock
Thursday, February 9, 2017
Hanging wall brackets in CMU 2 G. York Hello, this is a test message.
by T. Spatz-Coleman
Saturday, February 4, 2017
Cleaning Copper 9 J. LaBrash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NABOvAfC03g
by Concentric Fabrication
Friday, January 27, 2017
Top Job Booth and Setup Voluneers 0 Keeler Iron Works i am looking for a few good volunteers for the top job booth and setup. TOP JOB VOLUNTEER SCHEDULE DAY START TIME END TIME VOLUNTEER 1 VOLUNTEER 2 FRIDAY 1:00 PM 2:30 PM Bruce Boyler 2:30 PM 4:00 PM Greg Bailey Heidi Bailey 4:00 PM 5:00 PM SATURDAY 10:00 AM 11:30 AM Curt Witter Tony Martinez 11:30 AM 1:00 PM 1:00 PM 2:30 PM 2:30 PM 4:00 PM Mary Flaherty Francis Flaterty 4:00 PM 5:00 PM Mark Koenke THURSDAY SETUP 12:00 PM 2:00 PM 1. BRUCE Boyler 2. Will Keeler 3. 4.
by Keeler Iron Works
Thursday, January 26, 2017
spoon- but on hammered square bar 7 H. Bailey H.B.,Check with Terry up at Custom Iron in Minn., I believe they have a die set in house and can press on any stock material that fits between the forks,I have a die for my press that is similar, but the pattern is a little different.If it just has to be close and not match something else already installed we could help you out.Send me an e-mail
by Artistic Railings Inc.
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
METALfab class registration 3 H. Bailey Heidi, Yes I seen your post on social link, and yes I received the same email that I am sure every member that is attending METALfab is getting. We as a board asked that this email be sent out just to make sure that we get what we registered for, or perhaps have missed. I wish that the email would have come out earlier than today...but we will address this at a different time. Tony
by Big D Metalworks
Friday, January 20, 2017
Spiral Stairs: 4" Code? 0 R. Guidry Designing a Spiral Stair, I know that the Outter Most Pickets have to meet the 4" Sphere Code; but what about the Opening (usually 7") between Treads? I have had the Companies, I've worked for make 1,000 & 1,000's of stairs over 30 years, with at least 100's after 4" Code was established; Without a "Bar" running Horizontally, to meet Code... With not One Rejection. I ask because my brother in Lafayette LA, has been hired by a local family, to FAB & INSTALL a 6' Spiral,that I'll be Drafting, at their camp in Destin FL. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
by R. Guidry
Thursday, January 19, 2017
more Calendar
Featured Members
Greg Terrill, Division 5 MetalworksGreg Terrill has been named owner of Building Restoration Inc., parent of Division 5 Metalworks
Allyn Moseley, The Heirloom CompaniesAllyn Moseley and The Heirloom Companies are featured in local newspaper, The Greenville News

Online Surveys
Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal