NOMMA encourages its members to also enter in the Copper
Development Association competition. Send in your brass,
bronze, or copper job by clicking on the link below.
Submit Your Copper Alloy Jobs Here
Top Job Contest - Get the Recognition You Deserve
2017 Contest Deadlines & Fees:
Early Bird (Aug. 31) - $55
Regular Fee (Nov. 18) - $80
Late Fee (Dec. 21) - $130
Changes for 2017
Top Job Chair: Will Keeler, Keeler Iron Works Inc.
NOTE: If a category doesn't open jobs are automatically re-entered the following year. There is no additional fee.
Give yourself enough time to analyze "all" entries, review photos and read the descriptive cards, as these can give you a better picture of what you're looking at. Analyze all four areas: design, fabrication, installation and finish.
- Look for complexity and difficulty involved.
- Look for originality.
- Look for craftsmanship throughout all four areas.
- Read the category descriptions and judge accordingly.
- Ask if you have a question. This organization is founded on sharing knowledge. Remember not one of us got where we are today alone.
- Use this competition as a learning tool and an idea pool.
For those of you who are entering, make sure your photos are well lit and in focus with good detail evident. Keep your narrative concise, in simple terms, and accurate so you don't lose your judges.
- Vote a Top Job award to a photographer. Don't be swayed by a pretty picture, vote for the metalwork not the photo or the beautiful estate it's in.
- Simply "pick a number out of the hat." Think about your vote.
- Don't be swayed simply by the size of a job. Remember that a 10-foot rail can be more incredible than a 5 story stair.